Natural Gas was introduced to Egyptian local market in 1975 when the first natural gas field ABU MADI was put on stream, since then a remarkable progress has been achieved
- Total gas produced from all fields during the fiscal year 2012/2013 reached 2.27 TSCF (average rate 6219 MMSCFD; 6192 MMSCFD companies connected to the gas grid & 27 MMSCFD companies not connected to the gas grid).
- Condensate production reached 34.86 MMbbl/Y (average 95.5 MbblD)
- Ethane/Propane production reached 497 Mtons (average 1363 Ton/D)
- Propane production reached 708 Mtons (average 1940 Ton/D)
- LPG production reached about 1.481 MM ton (average 4057 Ton/D)